• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Price on 4 outriggers?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not a common part nor a common sale. If you need them and can't find them elsewhere, probably so. I'd call many surplus dealers and see what they have for what$$$$

jimmcld

You may be the first person to ever want to buy them! I'd say it's a case of supply and demand. If you can find any sitting around, they probably would want to get rid of them. However, they are probably a lot like hens teeth.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call Hawthorne Tractor in Lake City they have a few rough ones that may be headed to scrap. Also, CSI, SECO, and I think Shirleys surplus had some.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Unless ya can find a wrecker headed to it's doom it will be hard to find any. I would say if you got 4 for 500 bucks...ya done good!
As stated above...either ya have em or don't...I haven't seen a market for em so I guess it's a "how bad do ya need em" question.
IF I had any spares...which I don't...i would think 125 - 200 would be a fair price..depending on condition of course.
Of course this is speculation...so as hndrsonj posted...check with the parts people and get an idea before ya splurge.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another thought if you have an example would be to make some. I'd think they would be easy.;-)

crazyplowboy

I have never seen these parts, but as tool & die maker I will say for that kind of price I'm sure if you could find some dimensions they could be made alot cheaper than that.

area52

Heres another thought, instead of trying to find some manual outriggers, why not spend the money and put in some hydraulic ones?

Bjorn (Cranetruck) has some on the front of his truck. I think a 24v pump and tank underneath the passenger seat and some lines and rams - PRESTO!

jimmcld

Anyone out there who has taken them apart knows that you couldn't start to make them for $500, unless you just want the feet. I would think that $500 would be cheap.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yeah, while on display, I have had people(machinists) tell me how hard making that thread would be and to take good care of it. I think $500 is a good price. Jim, are you the seller?

jimmcld

No Gimpy, I'm not the seller, but I just finished cleaning and lubing my outriggers. There are a lot of forgings as well as machining that go into those things. I would bet that if you went to a fab shop and asked them to build you one from scratch, it would cost several thousand dollars.

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know how much each of these weight? I assume they are very grease soaked. Do these come off of the truck fairly easy?

jimmcld

It depends on how much of it your talking about. The swing own section probably weighs around 100 lbs. The slide in arm probably weighs another 50 lbs. You can take them apart but you will need a hammer and a small drift to knock the pin out. Also, sometimes the pull out arm does not want to just slide out. It's at least a two person job if you don't have a hoist or something to catch it when it comes out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks