• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pricing for 5 ton center mount troop seats

RDUKW

Does anyone have any idea what a set of center mount troop seats are worth. They seem to be uncommon and hard to get info on.

emr

First thing you would need is a source. Then the price depends on what all prices depend, what one will sell for and what one will pay, With that said since there are none out there, None are available,Price is a guess, But who will really anty up for a set?
Again....With that said, The regular sets go for 100 to 175 around here, the centers would be worth up to 250in my opinion , And that is a guess, I think most would think thats to much, there just will not be allot of guys who will actually buy them. Or they would have been made already I think. And until they actually come up for sale, I think the guys who would actually buy em are more realistic to cost per item to vehicle and usefulness,
They are cool and everyone wants a set, that is until they are for sale, I would bet . They make the bed basically useless. And probably why they are not any around, Just did not work out well at all, Who wants to let the troops out , then pull the seats to load cargo." My opinion", they were made of wood years ago, and were nothing but a pain in the neck and were never made in fiberglass, I am guessing at this from basic knowledge of stuff I have seen done with Mil stuff.

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only seemed to be used at training bases to move personnel from one site to another. Several m923 out of Ft Benning had them last year. You would lose the cargo space and they need to be bolted down in the bed.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I've never even seen a set in person (or the deuce center seats). They must be pretty uncommon.

If I wanted a set, I'd try and make them out of a deuce set going by the TM pics.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Find TB 9-2320-209-30-4. That is the technical bulletin for fabricating them. You will have to adjust the measurements for the 5 ton bed. Not a stock item, all were fabricated.

RDUKW

I have a set in the box still. I guess I need to open the crate and determine if they are wood or fiberglass. I want to get rid of them but I have no idea what to list them for as I've never seen a set for sale.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would be something if you had NOS ones. Would love to see the NSN on those.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
They used them at Fort Benning so soldiers could face outward rather than inward when on a convoy. The idea was that they could return fire easier than if they were in the normal seating arragnement. I always thought it was kind of a dumb concept. Being up in the bed made you a big target from either side of the road unless there was steel armor on the sides. Normal doctine in an convoy ambush is to continue to drive until you are out of the kill zone unless the vehicle is disabled.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks