• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

primary fuel filter....parts missing????

jeepzilla47

went to change my primary filter yesterday and found a mess!!! when i opened the can, all that was in there was a secondary style filter and no spring or washer. needless to say, the secondary was a mess!

where can i buy the spring/washer set up to fix this?

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just removed everything in the canister and use it as a water trap only.

I figured if the two secondary filters weren't enough I have very big
fuel source problems. I would like to find a strainer type filter like they use on
MEP 003A generators but have no idea if such a thing even exist.

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Contact George at White Owl. I needed some small spings and washers for primary and secondaries. He was able to help me out. Great guy BTW.2cents

cbvet

Sorry, I can't find it right now. I need to go to work.
If someone else doesn't come up with it, look up member BillW. He started a thread about it.
Good luck!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just removed everything in the canister and use it as a water trap only.

I figured if the two secondary filters weren't enough I have very big
fuel source problems. I would like to find a strainer type filter like they use on
MEP 003A generators but have no idea if such a thing even exist.
According to the mep003a TM, the strainer is very similar to the deuce primary filter. The micron rating is about 40 and serves to catch the big stuff plus traps water. The original element is reusable and can be inspected for an early warning of the kind of stuff you may have in your tank.
In the images below, the element on the left is the original and highly recommended. Go to SECO or Memphis for those....

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks