• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Primary fuel filter problem

Richmond

I have bought a new filter # 3511 Napa, and wix #33511 and both filters have the same dimensions but the hole in the center is bigger on these filters. What do I need to do? I've searched for hours with no luck. Thanks.

Barrman

You just need to center it up as you push the can in position. Normally, the screw will get it close and then as you tighten, it will go to the proper spot.

Yes, spin on is best, military filters next best and then the wix version. All will filter your fuel however.

Divemaster920

Banned
When I changed my filters there was a loooong filter for the primary.....There was a washer in the bowl to make the NAPA filter fit. I had no prob with the gasket on the primary...But look out for the secondary filter gasket.

dabtl

I made the spin on filter change based on the amount of rust in the primary can. Decades of water separation left the interior rusted heavily.

Now the filter change means a new can each time. No more rust. Rust in the fuel will in time be more expensive than the change, I believe.

But, we all have our own ideas on this. It may take years to figure out which idea is better.

emr

I go for the mil set up also, they have worked in every part of the worlds climates since the 50's ...I have em with the bigger hole and the smaller hole, I am glad to see someone has the knowledge to say just use the bigger hole, as for the longer one in the primary, i have seen em with a deep well on one side so they fit just rite, I have seen the guard guys here just throw a filter in, Not sure I would EVER do that. but oh well, I have no rust in anything on any of my trucks, they get maintained very well, I was wondering the reusable ones are they the white coral looking ones ????????

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nsn 4330-00-808-2407
P/n 5702757

Tell me I got the right ones. :roll:
Can't find any details on those numbers gimp, perhaps it's a kit...the part number on the filter element should be 053754-01.
The #3511 is rated 10 micron and is not a suitable element for the primary filter/water separator.

Brock, if you want speed, get one of these, turn the handle and you're done. Filter lasts the life of the truck.
Also, the proper mil spec filter elements are cleanable, no need to purchase quantity.

Attachments

820jeep

Hi, please forgive a new to duce question or two. I am still waitng to get my EUC for my first Duce. I just made a big score on Duce parts ( a pickup and trailer full ). I am going through and picking out what I am going to need for the recovery.
I have found some filters with NSN 4330-00-808-2407 part # 5702757 marked 053754-02. When I did a google search it brought me to this thread. Is this a good filter to use on the Duce?
I also have some NSN 4330-00-134-7835 Secondary Filters. Sould I replace both of these before try to start the Duce?
I am going through the parts and trying to make a care package to take with me, any thoughts? I have found wheel cyls, Brake fluid, clutch kits, e-brake shoes, some large air filters, ect. ( It is like Christmas ). I still going through and making a list, and yes checking it twice. Thanks for the help, Bob.

820jeep

Still going through the items. I just found a big bag of Rear Outter Seals, a lot of fan belts that I have not been able to ID yet. Looks like some 5 ton items also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks