• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Primary Fuel Filter Relocation

hdexpert

I'm thinking about relocating the primary filter to a location that's 8-10 inches higher than it's current location. I wanted to see if anyone had done this and how it worked. Is the added height an issue? I wouldn't think so. Just looking to put it in a space that's easier to reach. I'm also going to replace the copper line with a flex line.

broman78

I thought about it for a couple of seconds but decided not to. I have found a new primary fuel and water sep. set up from CAT. The item number is 127-6649, it is designed for the 3126 series(7.2L) engine. This primary filter base has a manual pump so you can prime your fuel system with a few pumps. The price is 127 but I'm not sure of the inlet and outlet size.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've moved the filter on 2 trucks. Just moved it back about 4 in on the frame rail, enough to get them from underneath the altenator. Lot easier to change, and have little more adjustment on the altenator.

tm america

I would like to see more pics of that truck .. Are you running a 5ton air filter is that why the hood side panel is cut?I like the idea of the expanded metal instead of just flat sheet that could be slippery when wet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks