• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

primary fuel line help

connectingbar

To finish off my deuce winch install, I installed the winch driveshaft and I need to re rout the primary fuel line to the pump. does anyone have the spec's on the line and what fittings to use? My line has a straight fitting at the pump and I need to put an elbow so I can route the line closer to the frame rail. Or does anyone have a pic of how the line is on a winch truck?

AceHigh

I had the same problem earlier this week when I went to test drive after winch install. In moving the copper line I managed to crimp the flex line above the PTO driveshaft. At least the PTO driveshaft is easy to drop.

I relocated it for now but thanks for the replacement info. I will be doing that soon now.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I had to re-route the line, I would use the flexible line, such as Bjorn notes. Its far easier to work with and not subject to the vibration issues that copper is. The fittings mentioned can be installed once you establish the exact length.

connectingbar

My hard line bends at the frame rail and yours bends @ the oil pan. I think that would be where mine should bend. mine being bent at the frame rail sends the flexible line across the path of the drive shaft. Bent at the oil pan looks like it lets the flexible travel away from the shaft because where the flex line comes out if the IP is at an angle somewhat in the direction of the oil pan.

Long day, Hope I can get her on the road by Sunday for a Veitnam remembrance tribute. I am working out of town so I cant post pics, Saturday I have set up a rally at Inlet NY protesting the closure of all roads on the Moose River Plains so I hope I can find fittings in the meantime. Anyone here who Hunts, Traps , Camps or fishes up there, PLEASE ATTEND!!! It starts a 1 pm this Sat on the corner of Rt 28 and Limekiln road

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks