• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

primers and paint

Docter

could be odd question, but maybe not. I am about to start the sand blast process on my M-37 frame and was wondering about the right combo of primer to paint
I wont be able to do it all at one time and well probably multiple times, time and temps permitting as to how often.
what primer can i use since i will be doing only some one day and so on.
when done i am hoping to afford the right code semi gloss OD. When ready to do finnish paint plan do do it all on a weekend in the spring

youres at arms Doc

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am working on a M35A2 and I am using a epoxy primer(PPG omni). The problem you may have is it needs to be top coated with in 48hrs or you have to sand it.
Also I am using the Rapco Paint for the top coat. http://www.rapcoparts.com/manuals.html
The semi gloss OD is #24087.

Good luck with your project!!!

emr

It is an odd question,:) no one has ever asked about the paint process's or paints yet :) just sayin good luck with the project...all in fun :) You have to realize how many times the same questions are asked, thats why allot of guys say do the search first and read up, You will actually get more answers than you can in one post, good luck :)

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Figure out what top coat you want to go with and find the primer that is compatable with the top coat. You might want to consider placing a 'sacrificial' top coat on the bits and pieces you finish each day as most primers are not sealers. You can then topcoat the entire frame at one time and make it look good.

Docter

basically i am trying to figure on a decent spray bomb primer to use. I am hopeing to buy the finish paint from Gillespie. Its just that i will
only have time to do bit and piece work on the frame and axles when i get into sand blasting and was looking for what may or may not work
well in the way of primer. everything will be kept inside till the spring when i hope to work on the final paint.

youres at arms Doc