• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

problem air in fuel system

dmetalmiki

As some advised, I have left the fuel density compensator out of the circuit, and turned down the fuel.
I have re-connected the manifold flame heater again though.
And now all's good.

dmetalmiki

Checked all the TMs but did not spot where the Fuel can be cut down. WITH the F.D.C. Disconnected. All and any adjustment for rich/weak seems to be carried out on the fuel density compensator,
So, My question is. How can I cut back the fuel as the truck has more power and runs great, But smokes 10 times worse, or more. (And) obviously the T.Ms don't show how to weaken the fuel mixture as the 5 ton multifuel with the "A" Pump is not supposed to be used without, or the F.D.C. disconnected from the fuel input circuit.

red

The fuel adjustment is still the same threaded screw at the front base of the FDC.

The FDC is just the top part of the rear injection pump, it sits on top of the pump. All of the internals below the FDC are part of the pump.

dmetalmiki

That bit of info is very greatly appreciated.(As I don't do "climbing up on top of engines" any more,..And yes it also jogged my memory. So again thank you and adjustments will be made when the snow clears.
From my workshop benches! where it has blown in from the eaves and lies over a foot deep! on the benches now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks