• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problem identifying proper color?! 34052

thoner7

I found some pictures of older vehicles with the color I wanted, here they are:

And also the m715 in this thread: https://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/53627.html

I guess I thought they were all the same color - Usmc 34052. However when I got my behr paint sample of 34052- it was quite a bit greener- which I was ok with.

But when I went to get automotive tint - colors did not match. (See attached) The large block of paint was the HD Behr 34052. The smaller blueish color is the auto paint stores attempt.

Even googling the 34052 code, you get different names: Marine green, forest green, dark olive drab- each seemingly a different color.

For example - here’s a bedliner product in dark olive drab 34052:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Jeep/comments/y49j6l

Apparently the military paints don’t have a corresponding “automotive” paint code to match them?? Is that true!?

I’d love to match those m37s in my first two links- that looks like the “dark olive drab” in that bedliner, but I can’t be sure.

I have a USMC humvee and would love to use an USMC color - even if it’s not period correct.

Attachments

67Beast

34052 is the flat color that was used on WWII Marine equipment. The semi-gloss 24052 was used on vehicles like those M37's. If you are having trouble finding good 34052, then you should be looking at either of the 2 major military vehicle paint vendors. Army Jeep Parts in PA and Rapco in TX. Both use Gillespie paints which is a great single stage paint that last really well. Here is the link to AJP's 34052 https://www.armyjeepparts.com/p-2291-34052-wwii-usmc-lusterless-forrest-green-1-gallon-34052.aspx

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try Sherwin Williams. They have the formulas in their system and make these paints for uncle. You can get these colors in acrylic latex exterior flat.

thoner7

Try Sherwin Williams. They have the formulas in their system and make these paints for uncle. You can get these colors in acrylic latex exterior flat.
I spent over 2 hours at Sherwin Williams this morning. After some searching, they did find only the 24052 but, it was not the correct color once they mixed it. It was a grey-blue and nothing like the green from Home Depot.

Just to clarify I am looking for tint only- not paint. So ordering from Rapco is not possible. HD tints won’t work in polyurethane either.

And quite honestly, the HD 34052 doesn’t look like those m37 photos either

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My avatar M37 was done in Gillespie (From Rapco in TX) 24087.

It is a bit darker green semi-gloss, found on lots of depot rebuilds.

Some tough paint there.

A handy bit of info about military paint:

1XXXX is gloss
2XXXX is semi-gloss
3XXXX is flat

I had a bunch of 14087 gloss, NSN's went to aircraft use. Shiny airplanes!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks