• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

problem starting the deuce.

benand117

The truck has been sitting a while, but I started it today and it immediately went up to the governor. But it still shut down with the engine Stop lever. Now it's a crank no start. Can't find anything in the tm's. Any ideas guys?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Covered many, many times. It is the fuel shut off rod on the IP that is sticking.

Gimpyrobb has posted many times with all the pictures.

Not in the TMs as far as I know.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the sticking rod. Do not start it again until you fix it.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you searched for and read any of the posts that cover this?

It requires removal and cleaning of the shutoff rod.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes. The fuel control rod sticks in the off or wide open position. When this happens the plunger sleeve is allowing more fuel into the hydraulic head and then to the injectors. Or no fuel at all.

When you have everything clean the lever on the rod should move freely.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks