• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problem with 3116 fan? Heard a clink clink then saw these pieces

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder if the clink clink happens right before the clunk when the fan goes through the radiator? Thread here somewhere with the clutch p/n, also in P manual.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Maybe the fan glue filling stuff creates an imbalance that tears apart the clutch. Replace the fan blade right away. If any felt play in the clutch replace that too.

scottmandu

those are parts of the fan clutch. Looks like the little screws that hold on the clutch retainer plates came loose and the plate were thrown outwards, and the clutch material was ejected..

Tga

The pieces are the friction material (friction ring) from inside the clutch. These clutches are able to be rebuilt but due to front bearing alignment rebuild parts are not available to the general public. This style clutch is no longer produced but since they were fitted to many applications they are still available in re-manufactured condition from most any heavy truck part suppliers. About $400-$450 after core return.

Tga

Kysor clutch part number 1090-08000-01 which I believe cross references to Kit Masters (a popular reman clutch carried by most heavy duty truck parts suppliers) part number 8001X. Kit Masters lists a rebuild kit (8000SKL) but it is not available for purchase due to the front bearing alignment issue on front air style clutches.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks