• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problem with deuce batteries

reblawyer

When I went to start up this morning I heard a sizzle from the battery box, upon investigation I found that the negative terminal on my ground side battery had melted. I thought the problem was a loose connection between the batteries so I pulled the connector and bypassed with jumpers, same result. Any thoughts?

sermis

Get a load tester and pull a load on each battery. If not a loose conection might be a dead cell direct short inside one of the batteries.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
After going through four of the miltary version square batteries I said heck with it and installed two 1050 CA 950 CCA commercial batteries that have a three year replacement and 10 year warranty. I had to mod the box a little but it cranks in a second and support my inverter

reblawyer

When I turn on the master switch everything, including the fuel pump, fires up as usual. No problems are appearant until I pull the load for starting.

sermis

.Short in one of the cables or cable ends or dead short in one battery. I am guessing one of the batteries is toast

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also put civvy batteries in. To make up the space, I laid some PVC pipe in the bottom of the box to make up the right and left space and keep terminals from touching the metal box. been just fine! Have not had an issue front to back movement but probably should deal with it, and I apologize for the filthiness of my battery box. Don't use wood though, it will hold moisture. I

Attachments

nickd

The PVC pipe is a good idea! To take the idea a step further, why not use larger diameter PVC pipe laid out length wise between the batteries and other pieces placed around the inside perimeter would prevent the batteries from shifting front to back or laft to right. I will remember to make this modification when my 6TL's need to be replcaed. It looks like a piece of 2" pvc would fit between the batteries and smaller sizes would fit around the edges to fill in the voids between the battery box and the batteries. I have one of the newer style plastic battery boxes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks