• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problem with M-1101 surge brakes

jason@snakeriver

Took our new M-1101 HMMWV trailer on a 4 hour trip.
It went down just fine, but after we had loaded some seed and traveled home, I could tell when we got to a intersection that the surge brakes did engage.
Problem is, I can't say they fully released as when I got home the brakes and the hubs were really hot.
What should I check ? ?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Make sure the break a way lever is all the way back, I had one that was just a tiny bit up and after an hour or so of interstate driving locked the brakes up tight and smoked a set of pads. It was such a small amount couldn't tell it was engaged, I was in the process of removing the "banjo" fitting from the back of the master cylinder to release fluid pressure when I bumped the lever and you could hear brake fluid squirt back into the MC. Worked great ever since but did have to replace the shoes.

hummer4x4guy

Just had a run in with this issue today. I ended up just opening up the bleed screw and released whatever fluid wanted to come out. Been ok the rest of the drive home.

glassk

Just a thought, a down angle from the trailer to tow vehicle gave me some drag while pulling my M1102 , regular Silverado, 18 inch hitch to the 25 inch of the trailer ring,...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks