• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problems accessing the TMs

Lonesome715

I have never been able to access the TMs. Every time I tried my computer would lock up. I would have to hold the power button down In order to shut it down. I just had my computer worked on and had some upgrades and thought they would work now. However, now I just get a white box pop up and asks if I want to open or cancel. I hit open, the screen flashes, then nothing. This is ridiculous; I cannot keep posting a new thread every time I have a simple question. Any ides?

glassk

Common symptoms when you can't view a PDF on the web are:

• A blank page in the web browser
  • A red X icon
  • A broken-link inidcator, such as a red square, a blue triangle, or a blue circle
  • Error: "The Adobe Acrobat/Reader that is running cannot be used to view PDF files in a web browser. Adobe Acrobat/Reader version 8 or 9 is required. Please exit and try again."

http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/cant-view-pdf-web.html

Lonesome715

I have not tried to op the TMs on other computers. But I can open email attachments. However, I have always had a problem with the TMs even before the overhaul on my laptop.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What operating system?
What browser?
What version of Adobe reader (or any PDF reader)?

Fully updated?

Have you tried Chrome/Mozilla/Safari/IE?

Lonesome715

I just got back from the place that worked on my computer. They fixed it and now I just opened the first TMs that worked on this computer. Now, maybe I can answer my questions with the TMs and not by posting threads.

Artisan

It may be working, you just do not know it because
of the large file sizes. Sometimes you will click on a PDF
and it seems nothing is working but try just waiting longer,
All of a sudden it will open in Adobe or your browser.

I would suggest you go get a new updated version of Adobe
as well and install it.

If all else fails here are my files labeled my way;

This first file is what your “suppose” to carry in the truck.

Here are the TM's + I use. I "believe" all are the latest.

If anyone finds a newer version or if I am missing
something or using something wrong PLEASE tell me !

Some of these files ares HUGE! HUGE!
So be forwarned. Might be best to click and walk away at times
while it downloads. I might say each manual averages 900 pages!

TM-9-2320-272-10-Operators-Manual-2012.pdf

TM-9-2320-272-24P-1-Parts-n-Tools-2012.pdf

TM-9-2320-272-24P-2-Parts-n-Tools-2012.pdf

TM-9-2320-272-24P-3-Parts-n-Tools-2012.pdf

TM-9-2320-272-24-1-Maintenance-Manual-1998.pdf

TM-9-2320-272-24-2-Maintenance-Manual-1998.pdf

TM-9-2320-272-24-3-Maintenance-Manual-1998.pdf

TM-9-2320-272-24-4-Maintenance-Manual-1998.pdf

TM-9-2320-272-23-1-Field-Maintenance-Manual-2012.pdf

TM-9-2320-272-23-2-Field-Maintenance-Manual-2012.pdf

TM-9-2320-272-23-3-Field-Maintenance-Manual-2012.pdf

TM-9-2320-272-23-4-Field-Maintenance-Manual-2012.pdf

TM-9-2320-272-23-5-Field-Maintenance-Manual-2012.pdf

TM-9-2610-200-14-TIRES-2000.pdf

LO-9-2320-272-12-Lube-Order-1990 .pdf

TM-9-2320-272-10-HR-Hand-Receipt-Bii-1990.pdf

glassk

Mine was the plugins were not using adobe reader to open, the upgrade to IE 9 gave me that little run around, then adobie don't like 64 Bit either, run adobie with Win 7 in server 2008 mode, still can't right click and save target as, Drash ev unit TM, 114 Mb i think and a 378 page one from web was 1.7 Mb.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Me thinks downloading problems of lonesome are in the connection of his puter to internet.
The router modem thing is holding him up for time.
As a test I just downloaded all the TM,s from post 13 above in under 90 seconds.
It was done before I got done clicking the next to download.
This is a five year old dell.

Now if I could read and understand as fast as my puter
gets information then I wouldn't have to work anymore
and could stay home and fix my 44 year old truck.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is a puter?

Some malleable metal alloy, traditionally 85–99% tin, with the remainder consisting of copper, antimony, bismuth and sometimes, less commonly today, lead?

Something golfers use?

Puter (also spelled Putèr; puter (help·info)) is a variety of Romansh spoken in the Engadin valley in Graubünden, which is in the southeastern part of Switzerland. It is spoken in the central northwestern end of the valley between S-chanf and St. Moritz, as well as in the region of the Bernina Pass. Romansh was named by 5,497 people within the upper Engadine valley (30%) as a habitually spoken language in the census of 2000, which probably corresponds roughly to the total number of speakers.[1] The term is probably originally a nickname derived from put 'porridge', meaning 'porridge-eaters'[2]?

What surfers with learning difficulties call their computer?

From the rules:
Do not post in all CAPS or in giant run-on sentences without punctuation. Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English. It is extra work to post proper sentences from a smartphone but the result will be greatly appreciated. Please do your best to use capitalization, proper spelling and punctuation. It makes it easier for everyone to read!

You can probably guess that mis-spelling is a problem with me. It irritates me no end when I do it (please correct me anytime) as well as when anyone else does it.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
endeavor to persevere

First thing in the morning I get moderated to **** and back.
OK

Moderators have more time to spend on others' problems than I do.
Perhaps a moderator could redirect efforts a bit towards asssistance in ferreting out problems than in condemnations of valid comments.

I will endeavor to persevere
Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The moderators are not here to answer/solve everyones issues.

We are here to manage the site.

With your mid-set, maybe only moderators should answer all threads, and we should let the site go to ****.

I think they call that a call center.

Lonesome715

The guy that fixed my laptop told me it is old so I caanot expect much more than it is giving now. This computer has been to Iraq with me and I used it while I worked on a Master's. I really do not like the idea of letting it go.

Heath_h49008

If TMs and the occasion web surfing are your only concern, you can get a fairly cheap tablet. A $180 tablet will probably run rings around your current machine, and it will allow you to isolate that old one from the web, making it safer for financials, records, etc.

I just picked one up because reading my E-books for school was too much of a pain in the neck on my laptop. The difference is HUGE. Just swipe and page through the manuals like a dream. Good battery life, and vatsly easier to handle and read than a phone when shopping and about.

Something you might consider anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks