• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problems with belts

dodger73

I replaced all my belts on my M1008 and they were all nice and tight. After 500 miles or so when you turn the steering wheel you can hear some squealing. I checked the belts again & marked the alternator and power steering pump and they weren't loose. I don't want to overtighten the belts and have anything burn out. Never had a vehicle that had this long of belts. Do the belts loosen after so many miles or do I just need to retighten them?? Thanks (Typed this question for a friend - hope this makes sense)

Last edited:

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dayco belts from Advance Auto Parts are well known for stretching after 500 - 1000 miles. Gates belts don't stretch much. Pay the extra coin for a set of Gates.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I prefer the Goodyear Gatorbacks myself. CUCVs don't play well with cheaper belts.