• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problems with Driver/Passenger Seats --> m1009

m1009SouthHessen

Hey,
i bought last weekend a m1009 from 1986. The engine is very dry, there is no oil or other liquids, there is no rust, the lights are working.
BUT i´ve got 1 problem

The backrest didn´t lock. The seat is locked but the backrest is loose.
I have no idea where is the problem. Maybe some of you had pictures of some functioning seats. Maybe i´m stupid because it is at both seats!:lol:

I hope my english isn´t to bad and you understand my problems

Thanks for help and greets from germany
m1009SouthHessen

cucvrus

I don't recall that the back rests do lock. I think they just fold front from hinge and that is the way they are. I know the passenger seat has a cable that unlocks the slide when you fold it front so people can ingress and egress the rear seat area. I also know that the seats are not the same in civilian Blazers but you can install the civilian recliner mechanisms on the seats. Hope that helps a bit. I just don't recall ever having to flip a lever to fold the seat back forward. Happy Holidays.