• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problems with rear lights

2mas-

Hi,

I have a issue with the rear lights, was hoping someone here can help me.

The rear lights are ok before I touch the brake pedal, but when I touch the brake pedal, there is no lights on the lefts side but both bulbs light on the right side. When I let go of the brakepedal the two small bulbs light on both side as they should.

Have tried to check the wiring and the tags match to the wires and I have checked the bulbs and they work

Any tips?

Lazboytt

Hi,

I have a issue with the rear lights, was hoping someone here can help me.

The rear lights are ok before I touch the brake pedal, but when I touch the brake pedal, there is no lights on the lefts side but both bulbs light on the right side. When I let go of the brakepedal the two small bulbs light on both side as they should.

Have tried to check the wiring and the tags match to the wires and I have checked the bulbs and they work

Any tips?
Try and check and clean the ground wires on each light. Worst case use a meter and switch the wires, someone may have spliced the wires or switched them somewhere possibly by the brake switch or other place. Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lazboytt

Just a 2nd thought everything runs threw the blinker switch. I had an issue with mine with the blinkers and break lights and once I opened up the blinker switch and cleaned the contacts and bent the prongs a little more so they get better contact it solved my problem.

kc5mzd

Sounds like someone put in the wrong bulbs. Make sure the bulb sockets with 2 contacts have bulbs with 2 contacts. If you put a bulb with 1 contact on it in a 2 contact socket it will short out and do all kinds of weird stuff...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks