• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Progress and an electrical question

Brad M

Made some progress today by using the TM's to get my glow plug circuit back closer to original. I tested everything and found the PO had replaced the glow plug relay with a non-isolated one and removed the GP card. I replaced the GP relay with an appropriate one that isolated the circuit and rewired the manual switch to ground the light blue wire if and when I needed it. I tested out the GP circuit and other than the GP resistor bypass, which the PO did everything tested out great. I then put in a GP card I have picked up off an auction site. Everything worked fine and I can even use the manual switch if I have an issue. So that is my progress and I am very pleased.

Now for the question. I have studied the TM's and articles here and after looking at E-9 in the Appendix E, I cannot figure out why with just the resistor bypass and the manual GP switch add, why I would not be able to use a slave cable to jump if needed. Is it related to a totally dead battery set in the jumped vehicle or would it work if they were just too weak to crank. Thanks for any insight and thanks again for all the great info here. I know I must be missing something.