• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Progress on the restoration

67Beast

Well I got the back half of the frame and the dump lift painted today. I sand blasted off the heavy flakes and scale then primed and painted it all 24087 OD green. I pick up my new bed on tuesday and hope to get that cleaned up and painted within the next 2 weeks so that I can get it mounted on. Then it will be on to working on the cab and fixing the 2 rust spots under the doors.

I also sanded the front bumper a bit to find the last set of unit markings on the truck. 2/107 CAV, the Ohio National Guard. It figures, as I was born in Ohio and lived there through my college years before migrating to Michigan. And so it truns out that my M35 has done the same thing.

Low-Tech-Redneck

Yeah, for every 10 minutes of spraying, you need to perform 45 minutes to an hour of sanding prep...... but it IS worth it, nice work!