• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Progress photos of my WC-53 tear-down

COX

Here are some photos recent photos of my WC-53 tear-down. Things should be moving quicker now that I have finished my other project and moved on to this one. A lot of you have converted these to disc brake set-ups. Is it really worth the $1K to change them over, or are the drums good enough to run on a daily driver. Advise requested.

Attachments

68427vette

well,, the guys in wwii used the drums,, so i'd say there ok,, but if it cost $1000 to repair/replace the drums, shoes etc,, go with the upgrade, The questions is, HOw much are you really going to drive this per year?? 500 miles? 1500 miles?? or less then 100,, etc,,,that should help in your decision,, the wc 26/ 53 are one of the hardest to resotre with the double sheet metal inner/outer skinned bodies,, small dents etc are not so easy to --push out etc,, jc jc

Bill W

Its always nice to see other people sufferin...er..restoring vehicles.
Be sure to keep us up to date with your progress and of course that means more pic's please.

Wolfen

I'm thinking of purchasing a WC 53. Does anyone know where I can get a Tailgate? The WC 53 that I'm looking at, needs a Tailgate

derf

My buddy says there is a guy making them for something like $1500.
We fabbed one up and I'd say it is worth the $1500 to buy one.

COX

What all did you use to go power windows? I was planning on doing the same and could use the advice.:driver:

COX

About how much $$ did you lay down for all six windows, and what all did you have to send them? (just the gears/tracks, or glass sizes too?)

Wolfen

I can't wait to see it either. I just wish I could find a Tail Gate for the one I want. I found one guy, who says he is making some. Unfortunately, I suspect the price will be around $1500.00. Since he wants $1400.00 for the Half Ton Tail Gates. And that's without hardware.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice looking resto! I have always like the WC series and hope to do a WC-63 one of these days. It sure is tempting to buy one of those NATO-return trucks.

Wolfen

Thank you. I no longer need a Tailgate. I bought a WC53 that has one. If you still need one, contact Midwest Military Supply. They are supposed to have made a few for the WC53 as well as some for the 1/2 Ton Carryall's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks