• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Progress photos of my WC-53 tear-down

COX

PM me what all you want to get rid of and the prices. I am definitely interested! And thanks.

COX

Okay, okay...... Maybe it has been a while since I followed up with this, but I am finally down to the body work and am wondering if anyone knows why there would be three sets of holes(six total) drilled in each of my hood halves? It looks as if it were rivets, however the are not any brackets or anything that I have ever seen in the top middle of the hood like this. Let me know if you have any ideas, and I will try to post some pictures if no-one knows.

Thanks in advance for any help!

COX

I have attached a photo of the right good panel. There are (6) holes, only (4) are showing in the photo as the other (2) toward the front have been welded up, but you can still see them. It looks like they are the same rivet holes as the rest of the hood has to hold on small brackets.

Attachments

COX

New photo of hood

Alright here is a picture of both hood halves showing the six holes in each, any ideas? Waiting for John to reply to my email but any help in the meantime is appreciated.

Attachments

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone used regular hinges on the hood in place of the hood hinge that is riveted in place. John B now sell reproduction hinges with rivets.

Gordon_M

Watch the hood hinge length. The WC53 hood sat at an angle, like the WC54, so the hood hinge was just fractionally longer than the horizontal Command and Weapon Carrier hoods.

John will know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks