• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Ferro Navy M37

zout

When John and Adam ride in it - their twitch in their head offset the imbalance of he driveshaft so they have no clue its vibrating. Just a lucky guess on my part. But EH - I have a metal plate in my head so who knows if I dented it or not at warp speed.

Will get the chassis painted up in the paint Adam requested with a couple coats - and get the box underside in the undercoating I use announced everywhere else on the projects I have had. Then maybe get the box mounted back up so I can actually look like I am making progress. Spent the last couple hours back on the phone with chit from work - never thought the world would come to this at the end of some ones working career to start all over again from square one. No guarantees in life I guess.

I have not posted up anything on the Ga Rally as I have not clue what the future brings. But I know the project I have in front of me and I hope ya all enjoy it.

3dAngus

Well crud! I'm subscribed now, but not liking it.
I hate the fact that Adams M-37 is going to be nicer then mine.
I hate the fact that anyones M-37 is nicer then mine!!!!!

Nice work, as usual. Adam is going to be proud! I'll bring an old school paddle, and if Adam gets that one in the mud again, I'll let you take a whack at em'.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did notice the dent in the shaft, but there is NO vibration that I can feel driving it at speed. I planned to take it off and have it balanced/ checed out at a local driveline shop.

Dave, if possible could you get rid of the ball hitch? I did get the right pintle hitch. If not no biggy I can do it later and just touch up the paint.

It is looking fantastic I just wish I could look at it on a bigger screen than my phone everyday!

And there is NO rush from me to get it done. Yes I would like to take it to the VA rally, but I don't have to. Take as much time as you need/want. I can take my hay burner to VA. Lol.

Attachments

3dAngus

I hope we can see it at the Ga. Rally.
Nothing like an M-37 passing by to make your day. She's gonna be a beauty. Can't wait to see it in person!

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've followed this thread from the beginning. Zout - you do GREAT work! :beer:

One question - Would it be easier to repair/replace the drive shaft with the box off?

zout

There is gobs of room to get under it - even as exploded as Adam is getting - he should be able to tuck under there and easy to access - abra cadabra

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CRAP- Seeing how well Adams M37 is coming out means I may have to order a truck load of crown, and have Zout do mine also.......IMGP0428.jpg

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is gobs of room to get under it - even as exploded as Adam is getting - he should be able to tuck under there and easy to access - abra cadabra
I am getting kind of big...

Angie just says more to love but I know she is just trying to make me feel better. Besides, I have a nice pit to work in. Standing up beats laying on your back in the mud.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am getting kind of big...

Angie just says more to love but I know she is just trying to make me feel better. :tinkerbell: Besides, I have a nice pit to work in. Standing up beats laying on your back in the mud.

Dang pictures come out sideways and I can't fix them on my phone. Oh how I wish I could log in from my work computer!!!!

Attachments

zout

I was going to get to the point where I was going to ask about that hitch and get your pintle on you supplied - I will get that all mounted up for you.

Hopefully get the rear in full paint tonight and get the underside of the box in the undercoating I used on other stuff as well - so by Thur night I can remount the box and get it back into the garage so it looks like am acutally doing something.

zout

I do not clean glass nor do I clean paint off tires.

Chassis in the paint and it shows up much better than I expected. Bottom of the box in undercoating as well.
Let this all dry up nicely overnight and hopefully tomorrow night I can get the box back on and into the dungeon.DSCN0516.jpgDSCN0517.jpgDSCN0518.jpgDSCN0519.jpgDSCN0520.jpgDSCN0521.jpgDSCN0522.jpg

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While it's uncovered, now would be a good time to check the rear brakes, the gas tank sending unit, and the rear shocks, just to make sure they are 100%. If anything needs repairing or replacing in those areas, ain't no better time than when the bed is off and it's easy to get to. Just sayin.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rear brakes and hubs have already been done. Truck has a new sending unit. Can't afford the new shocks just yet. Lol

But good advice!

Man she is looking so good...

zout

The heart of the further work will get hammered on this weekend because next week I expect more of an intense cluster ******* mess around at work till things settle down - and then I do not know what my hours will be at that time. So I need to concentrate on this weekend for the project.

Gotta go get my spandex warp suit so my flesh does not burn - :burn:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks