• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Ferro Navy M37

zout

Ferro - here is a reference picture of HOW your fuel tank needs to go back in after you get it back - BEER out rules need of a returned complete vehicle - but EH - the offer could be Aced with a half gallon of CROWN !!!!!
Did a little sanding and getting ready for tomorrow's forthcoming events - did not get much done and the area's under the fuel can holder and headlight area were blasted and primered so there was no need to chop them down again.

DSCN0372.jpgDSCN0373.jpgDSCN0374.jpgDSCN0375.jpgDSCN0376.jpg That first pic is the beading on the fender well area - you can actually see it again along with the curvature of the fender just above this area. All the paint on it over the years just leveled these out and took the highlights away.

rickf

Hey Adam, Did you ever mention to Zout about the doggy porthole where the gas filler pipe is in the bed? Two of us and my wife staring at his dog with her head out that hole and and nobody could get a dang camera in time! No, The filler pipe was not there at the time, he had the custom gas can feed system in place.

Rick

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Hey Adam, Did you ever mention to Zout about the doggy porthole where the gas filler pipe is in the bed? Two of us and my wife staring at his dog with her head out that hole and and nobody could get a dang camera in time! No, The filler pipe was not there at the time, he had the custom gas can feed system in place.Rick
Dang!!! Now that would have been a "Kodac Moment"!!

zout

RickF - if you want me to - I will put on my dual beer holding hat TWM got me and while the filler pipe is out I can stick my face into the hole for you :shrugs: Then I will have to find Soldier B to take the picture.

I can tell you poppop hid that jar of 4 screws in it for PB's WC22 really good because for the life of me tearing through that garage I still have not located that jar.

zout

Ferro posted up a couple FS #'s =FS 16081 & FS 36118 (frame)

Sent him some info as the first # does not seem right. So his option to choose. But by the end of next weekend I can see paint on the chassis and body as soon as I get what he wants.

That includes blasting up the small pieces as well in the heaping pile in the garage.
Light Gull Gray FS36440
Dark Gull Gray FS36231
Blue Gray FS35189
Extra Dark Sea Gray FS36118

And of course there is always Gloss SEA BLUE FS15042
Hopefully come Monday we can have a choice.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ferro posted up a couple FS #'s =FS 16081 & FS 36118 (frame)

Sent him some info as the first # does not seem right. So his option to choose. But by the end of next weekend I can see paint on the chassis and body as soon as I get what he wants.

That includes blasting up the small pieces as well in the heaping pile in the garage.
Light Gull Gray FS36440
Dark Gull Gray FS36231
Blue Gray FS35189
Extra Dark Sea Gray FS36118

And of course there is always Gloss SEA BLUE FS15042
Hopefully come Monday we can have a choice.

There's always semi-gloss forest green and make it a Seabee truck.

zout

Got the 909 prep'd at the garage - will unplug the shoreline power and get it loaded up tomorrow night at the top of the hill so I do not have to listen to SWISS how I ruined my new grass back there.

After that I had a little time to get some stuff on the hood sanded down AND THEN - the motor on the air compressor FROZE - first the compressor pump and now the motor - chit.
Will get my small Ingersol air line plugged into the filters and keep after it next week. Got the motor #'s to check with Granger for a replacement - smells like electrical motor in the garage = peeewee - almost as bad as smelling wood cutting.
Tomorrow - all 909 camping loading and mind off the 37 till Monday.

Just so anyone that gives a chit and reading whatever project stuff I have posted up - this is my last project to be posted up on SS. I might have more projects but they will not be on here - but who cares.DSCN0377.jpgDSCN0378.jpgDSCN0379.jpgDSCN0380.jpgDSCN0381.jpgDSCN0382.jpgDSCN0383.jpg IF your looking at one of the pic's you can see the layers and layers and layers of paint and its still missing the GRAY and BLUE taken off already - I counted 14 below layer coats. The one pic close up shows impacts to the paint into the metal where it started and was allowed to rust and then spread - but if you look close enough you can see what initiated the beginning of all the pitting and rusting. Now to get this chit off and get it looking SWEET for Ferro.

zout

No Where - I will just be doing what I do as I choose selectively. I will be the only one knowing I am doing it besides the owner when and If I choose to work on any more

jasonjc

No Where - I will just be doing what I do as I choose selectively. I will be the only one knowing I am doing it besides the owner when and If I choose to work on any more
I'm sorry to here that:cry:. I guess I will have to work on my stuff instead of watching the master of OD work.

But I can under stand.:beer:

Hope I get to meet you one of these days.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks