• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

project m1009 mule is starting to begin

12vctd

OK sourced some axles from a m1031 contact truck the other day.

So my m1009 build is about to begin

Plans include 52/63 spring swaps, 4 inch shackle flip in rear, diy4x4 front b52 spring mounts 1 inch zero rates, disk brake conversion for rear, hydro assist, crossover steering, 42 in tires. I will post more info later

12vctd

very little street driving, I have put over 20k miles on this truck since i got it in oct. I am currently searching for a tow rig/daily driver. But I am looking for a f250/350 idi powered truck or a cummins. A reg cab 2wd truck would be perfectly fine for me with a 5spd, id prefer a cummins but they are very hard to find around here.

As far as tires, I want to try the pitbull rockers bias, but I am trying to build on a budget so i will shop around for any used 42 the tsl's worked great for me in the past.

12vctd

plans are as follows

Drivetrain
60 front keeping 4.56's dropping a detroit in at later date as well as 35 spline outers later
14bolt rear keep 4.56s and detroit disc brake swap
clocking the np208 for now remember budget
increasing line pressure on th400 and new tq conv
driveshafts still up in the air
searching for a used 6.5 turbo setup

Suspension
Swapping the rear 52's to the front keeping rear spring mount in fact location moving front mount using diy4x4 b52 mount longer shackle, 15 in shocks
REar using 63 inch springs from a 2wd 88-97 chevy pickup with a 4 inch shackle flip from diy4x4 and front mount from them as well 15 inch shocks, longer shackles
zero rates on both as well

Steering
Diy4x4 steering arms
Custom crossover steering
2wd steering gear box taped for hydro assist
8 in stroke 2 in dia steering ram
WTO ps pump mod

wheels and tires
42's (brand is depending on fund and what i can source) on h1 rims recentered

dstang97

A couple thing for you to consider, but looks like you have most covered. I believe the b52 swap will make you loose front lift shackes. If you are keeping the 6.2 you do not have to upgrade to 35 spline. Also you should have a locker up front with the 1031 axles

12vctd

I dont understand what you mean by losing front lift shackles? The b52 spring mounts simply are allowing me to have multiple front sping mount locations and give me a much stronger body mount. I need a longer shackle in the front to utlize all of my travel. The M1031s came with a limited slip if I remember correctly. But I very well could be wrong. If its a limited slip I am simply going to trade axles with someone for a open carrier because I want to run a detroit for alittle better steering control, but things might change with budget. I will do the 35 spline upgrade because thou I really want to keep the 6.2 I know even with a turbo as time passes I will be unhappy just not enough wheelspeed will be provided even with a turbo. So I will most likely end up with a 6.0 or vortec 350 in the long run. Unless I win the lottery, then I would go with a 4bt turned up like I have in the past.