• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Proper Battery Cables and GP connectors?

camojcory

Hey guys since i can't access the TM's with it being down now and i was an idiot and didn't down load them before hand, i have a question about my battery cables and GPs.

it looks like my 1009 has 2 gauge battery cables, Correct? anyway, the guy i bought it from replaced the cable that connects both batteries. this cable looks like it might be a 4 gauge instead because it is slightly smaller.

is this OK? or do i need to put a larger cable back in? I am not having any issues with it, just don't want any down the road and would prefer it to be correct.

also, i am replacing my GPs with AC60Gs. i want to replace my connectors, not grind the GPs heads down. will any connector work or are they special connectors? the only ones i can find are your standard ones with a plastic piece that covers the part the wire is inserted into. do these get hot? i don't want to melt the plastic off.

finally, are these really the best GPs to put in? they are self limiting and won't swell which is good, but i am told they are a "slow burn" type, will this mess with any other part of this trucks starting system since it is designed for fast burning GPs?

camojcory

thats what i was thinking.

what about my GPs and connectors? i took a better look at the connectors and found the ones on the truck have plastic on them as well so they must not get too warm, but these have plastic that covers the entire terminal. must be to protect them from dirt and corrosion, the only connectors i can find are the standard ones you find at the hardware store with open ends. anyone use these before? if not, what kind of connectors are you using?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the "stocK" wiring for the batteries.

The main cables are size 32 which is 2ga. The connector cable is size 19 which is 4ga. Your truck sounds right.

They make a fully insulated female slip-on connector that has a plastic cover. Most auto parts stores have them.

My guess is the cover protects the connection from shorting on something....(ie. a wrench). I have not had to replace any but others have.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks