• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Proper heater hose location?

Ridgerunner

This weekend there is a fundraiser/car show that I was asked to go to, and put the Deuce in. The weather is forcasted to be nice but down right chilly (especially after sunset) My Deuce didn't come equipped with a heater, but I'm finally getting around to installing one. I have to have it in by Friday.

Where do you hook up the heater hoses at, on a Multi-fuel?

I have three Multi-fuel engines (two in trucks, and one on a stand) that have petcocks attached for the coolant heaters. But all three are hooked up to the cooling system at different locations. So now here I sit, not knowing which one is the proper one to copy, for my Bobbed Deuce.

Any advice?

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The picture in the middle is correct.

Ridgerunner

Thank you for the help guys.

Three trucks, three different coolant hook ups. Go figure. aua

Where is the proper place to tap into the wire harness for power for the blower motor fan?

One truck is Y-connected and pulls power from the hot side of the low-pressure warning buzzer. The other truck, Y-connects to the insterment panel and gets its power from there. Are these also incorrect?

wsucougarx

Not sure if it really matter where you pull power from. However, I'd probably go with the buzzer for power. That way you wont accidently drain your battery while youre away from the truck. I've left my heater on a couple times after shutting her down for the night

steelandcanvas

The installation instructions I have indicate a splitter (or Y) off of the battery side of the horn circuit breaker, to feed another circuit breaker for the heater. The breakers can be purchased at Saturn Surplus, here is a link:
15amp

Ridgerunner

Thanks again for the help.

I got the heater installed just before we had to leave for the car show. Not much time left to spare. Because I was running short on time, I didn't get a chance to wire in the fan motor low-side resistor wiring. So the heat was on full blast for the ride home. Let me tell you, it sure is nice having heat. My wife has never complained about the truck being cold and drafty, but I could tell, she liked having a warm cab for once. It was in the low 40's this morning.

ps.....I won (I should say, the Deuce won) first place in the truck class at the car show tonight. I got a trophy,
a $35.00 gift certificate, a large chocolate bar and another gift
certificate for a dozen brown farm eggs from a place called The Critter Barn. Not bad for an old beater MV. :jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks