• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Proper lug nut torque

DanzboysM1009

Trying to find what the proper lug nut torque rating is. I've search done the site and on the web, the value varies from 80-100lbs/ft. Could someone please give me the cirrect torque rating for the lugnuts? I would greatly appreciate the help. thanks in advance.

LCDR Dan

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What does the TM say?

fstfrdy

the civvy blazers with the 7/16 studs(i think thats what is on the 1009) the torque is 85 ft/lbs if they do have the small studs i wouldnt recommend anything higher. they are notorious for stretching which tends to cause the to cross thread usually and the worst time and the 1008 the torque is 120 gm didnt bump the torque to 140 until the early 90's when they went to the 14mm studs. now these numbers are for their civy counterparts. i do not know to what extent they differ in these area's(heavier duty parts, etc.) so if i am wrong pay no attention to my ramblings

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd get those Tech Manuals downloaded, and do some casual reading.

You mean to tell me there are about 5 books that document every part and every operation and every repair of a militarty truck? And I can download them for free? Interesting.

DanzboysM1009

Thanks for the replys, including the smartass ones. I've tried multiple times to access the tech manuals and always get redirected to another forum located on the site. I've never been able to find, locate, or download them or I would have. I know how touchy everyone is about that issue, therefore if someone help me get to them, that would be very much appreciated.

LCDR Dan

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since our sites loss of all the TM's JT has had them on his site. Free for the downloading. JATONKAM35s HOME ON THE WEB

The above statement has been made a thousand times, if it has been said once(by many members).

In all seriousness, Just ask for help with the TMs, if thats what you need. Once you have them, and learn to use them, you will wonder how you ever managed without them.

DanzboysM1009

Got it, thanks guys, I appreciate tgr link. Now, if Verizon will
Just get my Internet fixed, I can download them. I had to send my initial message from a public library computer and answering now from my iPhone, it's driving me nuts, ugh!! Thanks again, I'll download ASAP...

LCDR Dan