• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Proper size lugs for singles on HEMTT rims?

Yohan

Does anyone have a part number or measurments on the proper length, thread pitch, etc. for replacement studs for HEMTT rims run on a 5 ton? I read that to safely mount the HEMTT rims on an M809 series truck, the studs should be longer and this would only apply to the rear tandems (?). MASIC mentioned he used Kenworth studs and offered the part number, but I have not been able to reach him.

I want to do it right and any help would be truly appreciated. TIA...

John

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It applies to the front as the front stock studs are to short. the studs have a standard pitch, measure what length you need then go to a big truck parts house, thay should have the needed studs in stock, take a stock stud with you, tell them you want the same stud only longer by so much. don't forget you need both left and right threads

Last edited:

Yohan

The thread on SS I was referring to was a very interesting one, but what you said makes very clear what I need to do. And to make sure, the studs on the tandems will be the proper length and should be safe to use as long as they are in good shape, right?

I thank you very much for your help, sir! :beer:

John

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The thread on SS I was referring to was a very interesting one, but what you said makes very clear what I need to do. And to make sure, the studs on the tandems will be the proper length and should be safe to use as long as they are in good shape, right?

I thank you very much for your help, sir! :beer:

John
I think so, but would not hurt to check just to be sure

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks