• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pros and Cons of a m923 to a m923A2

Over

yessir it does an hx40 from holset. they went with a smaller turbo motor vs a large natrually aspirated motor. great improvement
the dual tires look at a rock and they blow up yes you can run with one blown out but that tire will soon blow out. the 14.20s do better and the 16.20 xzls are unbeatable. i had blow outs on 14.20s both michelins and good years run with them dead flat and they rip and fall apart. the xzls can run for a while with no air. all depends on you and what you use your truck for we all have our opinions no ones right or wrong. me i use my trucks as water trucks my 5 tons are for 5 ton loads of course but i load them with more than 16 tons of water. with xzls for those people who are going to say there too big for these trucks i don't have a problem.
Duallys on my mining road did not like rocks. But I have to be careful of sidewall damage on the 14.20's because the road is narrow and full of rocks. Had a rear go and what a pain in the ass changing that sucker. On pavement is 8 tons of water to much (8 x 275 gal cubes with the last 2 half on the tail gate? Running 14.20's aired to 55psi.
Update: Answered my own question. 2300 gal water on pavement is fine but the tanks out on the tailgate caused the truck to bring the nose up a little. If it was centered with say a single big tank it would be better. For me 8 tons+ is my comfort limit on pavement.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks