• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Protective Control Box schematic?

VULCANGUNNER

Does anybody have a wiring schematic for the M939 Protective Control Box?

I design power distribution systems for heavy equipment & would like to know exactly what is going on inside that box without gutting mine, just in case I need to replace one or somebody else needs a replacement / upgrade.

Thanks

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
At one time I uploaded a picture. There are 2 relays and a diode. If you download the p2p I believe it has a schematic. I wanted to rebuild one with heavy duty solid state relays I found some dc ones that are good for 120 amps I am not sure if it's enough though. I did consider doubling them up.

KsM715

Some one had a hand drawn schematic ( can't remember if it's for the m939 or m809 series) I'll see if I can find it. In the meantime try BFR metals down in Salina, they have been scrapping quite a few trucks out of Riley and probably have a few control boxes you could get to tear apart.

aheilmann68

I the ones I have fail have printed circuits boards. One had terminal corrosion that led to bridges and failed diodes and resistor andnthe other had a faioed diode and resistor due to overheating. Cranetruck did a bare bones version that only protects against reverse current and does not take in to account neutral position (900) and an oil pressure cut out (900&800)