• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Proud HMMWV M998 Owner At Last !!!

Unionjackjim

Hi Chap's

First Post from me , as I have been Lucky enough to become the Proud owner of a 1986 M998 ( As per my Avatar ) & wanted to say hello from the Uk .

Am now off to download the TM's as my battery's are not charging , Which left me high and dry at the local Mall :whistle: . two new battery's now fitted & on charge ready for tomorrow , & 24V jump pack ordered..........

Regards Jim

Unionjackjim

Everyone is keeping out of my way at the min , just as well really , but as the truck takes up the whole Left hand side & 1/2 the right , they need to . But having never driven on prior to purchase I love it .... my 43 Willy's MB is such hard work in comparrison & this one stop's better than my car & corners like its on rails , I am made up , ( and so are my mates ) ear to ear grin's all round ..
:)rofl
Ive ordered 4 x 4point harnesses just in case and will fit them as soon as they land , not so much for me but it will keep the other half happy & that will mean more miles going on the clock .

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, congrats on your purchase![thumbzup] Any idea why you aren't charging? What's diesel going for across the pond these days? Maybe some day, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ENJOY!
God bless,
Tony:smile:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet!

Congrats to all of you on the great job you did on the Olympics. We had a great time in London and truely enjoyed the games and city.

Stalwart

Every time my wife and I were over in the UK (I married a Limey), we wished we had our '93 Hummer, just to be difficult rofl Your country lanes tend to be VERY narrow, even for a Mondeo TD we liked to rent. Enjoy your new baby!

Unionjackjim

Sweet!

Congrats to all of you on the great job you did on the Olympics. We had a great time in London and truely enjoyed the games and city.
Thank's , but what a pain in the arse for us who had to run a business in London & the home counties while it was on , logistic's was A bloody nightmare for all who had to work anyway , ( what a misery I must sound LOL ) I went to Las Vegas when it was on !!!! to keep out the way ........ but they did a good job & glad you had a great time .

Unionjackjim

Is that where you go the HMMWV? (Vegas that is?) Or was it in country. BTW please post some pics of your new ride so we all can see.
No , we went to Your Las Vegas , (Nevada) & rattled off a few round's in American shooter's + bought a nice spec opp's stock for my Mossberg 590 ......

I have opened a photo album on my profile with a few pic's in , comments welcome.

Unionjackjim

No idea at all but the truck had a glow plug issue , which is now by passed & is starting fine , so A lot more digging needed .

Diesel is $ 8.32 per gallon here in the UK :-o , you guy's have it easy ......

nattieleather

Nice looking truck. I like the seats. Though it is probably the picture angle but it looks like the back passingers would not have much leg room with those. Again it's probably the pictures angle that give that illusion. Enjoy your ride! Thought at that fuel price I think mine would sit in the garage more than driven on the road.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I'm jealous. You guys can have Hmmwv's and armor. We can't buy our own armor or pretty much a few Hmmwv's that slipped through the cracks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks