• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Proud new owner of 84 m1009 (body work update)

Sganderson

I’ve already found great information on this forum.
I want to say thank you.
ive owned a gas k5 blazer in The past but this thing has so much more cool factor. I picked it up for cheap because it wouldn’t run due to starter issues. I repaired it thanks to the information I got from here.
runs awesome just needs some body work and tlc.

FD651FED-FECA-4128-BB7F-97F024CED110.jpeg

cucvrus

That looks like one I built back in 2013. I am sure it is not but one of the members here had the M1009 I built back then. Good Luck. Have Fun. They are tough durable vehicles unless you start hacking them up and lifting them. That vehicle still has a great value in the stock condition. Happy Holidays.

Sganderson

That looks like one I built back in 2013. I am sure it is not but one of the members here had the M1009 I built back then. Good Luck. Have Fun. They are tough durable vehicles unless you start hacking them up and lifting them. That vehicle still has a great value in the stock condition. Happy Holidays.
Maybe it is, I think the guy I bought this from had it since 2013. He said it came out of Fort Knox, I bought it out of South Carolina

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice!! I like the slider rear windows in the top...mine doesn't have that...plus I got a good bit of rust too.

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't wait to get one but damn everyone wants 10,000 for a rust bucket or 6500 for a roller. If anyone knows of a 86 M1009 let me know =]

Jump on it. Prices will only go up. I paid $4800 for my M1008 in 2013 and won my M1028A3 Wrecker for $4500 at the auction in 2018. Both needed about $2000 of parts to make them road worthy & reliable.

Good luck.

M1009resto

Jump on it. Prices will only go up. I paid $4800 for my M1008 in 2013 and won my M1028A3 Wrecker for $4500 at the auction in 2018. Both needed about $2000 of parts to make them road worthy & reliable.

Good luck.

Oh trust me I spend at least 1.5hr a day looking for one since the start of the year. I'm trying!

edpdx

You are right about the cool factor. I have one (with slider windows : 0) I often see guys in luxury cars looking at my ride with a wistful look. It's great. I paid like $2100. w/52k on it- also with starter probs- all good now. Enjoy.

Skinny

They are tough durable vehicles unless you start hacking them up and lifting them.
Bah...if 31's are cooler then 35's is cooler. Basic arithmetic

Both my M1031 and 3/4 ton Suburban have 4" lifts with shackle flips and they ride better then most new 1 tons. I will say the factory steering sucks and lifting it makes it suck worse. My Burb has crossover. Between that and the lift it really is super comfortable. Goes down the road better then my Express Van work truck and has flex like crazy.

I think the M1031is going to get crossover when I do an overdrive transmission. I will push the axle forward and inch and redo the driveshaft all at the same time.

Having said all that, lifting isn't going to ruin it. But I could see lifting a Blazer and turning it into a paint mixer without addressing it's stubby rear driveshaft.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got it back from the body shop, went with nato green with matte clear and put 33” trail grapplers on some mag wheels. New weather seals too. I was blessed to have found this for so cheap... Wondering if i should post pics here or start a brand new thread ? I love how it turned out .
View attachment 824716View attachment 824718View attachment 824717
Nice "Another one saved". Great job. The Matt clear will be much easier to clean and should help keep it from fading for years.

Now you have to drag a logging chain across the hood and hammer a few dents in it to get the "authentic" look back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks