• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Proud new owner of 84 m1009 (body work update)

HelluvaEngineer

@Sganderson great looking truck. Nice job. Much more valuable too now that the rocker rot has been addressed. I just spent ~3 months de-rusting mine in the driveway, ugh. I wish the military had renewed the window seals on these things. Yeah, I know :rolleyes:

Sganderson

@Sganderson great looking truck. Nice job. Much more valuable too now that the rocker rot has been addressed. I just spent ~3 months de-rusting mine in the driveway, ugh. I wish the military had renewed the window seals on these things. Yeah, I know :rolleyes:
Thank you. It was beat up pretty badly to begin with. I won’t be doing too much to it anytime soon but the next thing will be to work on the interior (probably next year or so). Has anyone sprayed their floor with that raptor liner?

HelluvaEngineer

Thank you. It was beat up pretty badly to begin with. I won’t be doing too much to it anytime soon but the next thing will be to work on the interior (probably next year or so). Has anyone sprayed their floor with that raptor liner?
I rolled mine on with Harbor Freight bedliner. I didn't see any value in spraying it. Probably used 20+ chip brushes too.

usabamaman

I can't wait to get one but damn everyone wants 10,000 for a rust bucket or 6500 for a roller. If anyone knows of a 86 M1009 let me know =]

If you are not is real hurry to buy, I may have what you what. I plan to sell my three vehicles in an attempt to get down to one that can serve all my purposes. I have a 1986 m1009, mostly stock, with professionally applied CARC woodland camo paint, new weather stripping, all synthetic fluids, etc. etc. and garage kept since 2015.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks