• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Proud new owner of a Tray Ration Heating System"

Drewzer

www.[B]babington[/B]technology.com/PDF%20Files/TRH%20Brochure.pdf

I will tell you that this is one bad machine. I have just boiled water twice with it then did a low country boil, but I have been super impressed so far. It is basically a 30 gallon stock pot the will boil all 30 gallons in less than 30 minutes and tuns off of diesel with almost no emissions.

I need to sale it, but this may be the only functioning one around. Government paid 11G for it, what price should I ask? Brand new, 2010 model

Keith_J

30 gallons is 250 pounds of water. A BTU is defined as the heat energy which increases the temperature of one pound of water 1 degree F. 80k BTU/hour should raise that amount of water by 320 degrees in an hour...that would be boiling in under 30 minutes :shock:.

Three quarts per hour of diesel.

3dAngus

They just sold a ton of those at Robins last week or so. I think they were used though. If new, I would probably sell it for about $200. If used and in good shape, about $150.
I don't recall the weight, but if it goes over 70 pounds, you have penalty fees with shipping by most of the shippers.