• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

proud new owner of an M1079

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
I just purchased a 1998 S&S M1079 with the intention of converting the box to a comfortable camper/RV living space.

Any input and advice for priorities are appreciated. I currently offroad and overland in my 08 FJ Cruiser with an RTT.

coachgeo

for outfitting the interior.... Id cruise around inside the forums of Expedition Portal. That is more there thing. As to how you can lighten her up..... some have done that in here and can offer some advice.

Welcome to SS

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
Thanks, used to own several Benzs... looked at Mogs but cant justify the cost for what you get.
Ive been on the Expedition Portal for some time and contacted Seth before I got my M1079.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. Are you going to put RTTs in your van as well? I have a S280 shelter with a bunch of them, but since the shelter is so heavy, I leave it off the truck.

dmetalmiki

welcome to the site and the hobby. Post up some pictures of your new acquisition when you get the time. Camper conversions are a 'do it my way' thing. My M54 has all wood inside, 240v-24-v and 12v lighting. Shower, microwave, satellite tv. hot and cold water. 2300Wat inverter. 3200Wat generator. eye level gas cooker. and a full height fridge freezer!. Hot and cold air conditioner. even a night light. There is more I can't call to mind. Just start and do yours out as you want (all the family?) to enjoy it. Post up the conversion in progress.

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
Yes, Seth YouTube vids were part of what convinced me to stop trying to buy a Mog...

Anyone here in OH have experience registering and plating a 1079?

Masspilot

Hey I am just down in Louisville pls hit me up i am building a RV now and am more then happy to help I will pm you my number

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great! SUPRMAN in CT has (or had) a few of the new later style grills, if you decide to replace yours.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks