• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PSA: Check your bolts, esp. the shocks.

Gripy

Yesterday I had the wonderful experience of pushing my M1008 home. I was lucky that it was only 2 blocks away.
The passenger side shock; the top bolt shook loose and fell out causing the shock to go up and crack my hard fuel line.

Today I saw it was cracked above and below the T-connector that you find on the passenger side by the shock. My plan was to replace the whole tubing but I could not get the tube to unscrew so I cut off the tubes a little past their cracks and used a rubber fuel line and 2 hose clamps to replace the cut out piece.I was going to keep the T-connector ( part#8 pg 22-1, TM-34P )
But, I wasn;t sure about whether or not it leaks since I saw it was wet with fuel. I also secured the fuel rubber line to the frame with a zip tie to keep it from rubbing anything.

ETA: moral of the story is: if you hear a new rattling sound, Don't ignore it hoping it will go away. Well, it did go away eventually

• :wink:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks