• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PSA for pre CUCV Canadian Military Chevy owners

reaper556

Trying to stay within the rules so if this is out of line please let me know and I will delete. If your in need of a NOS military grill for the above mentioned 73-79 truck there is 1 for sale on a large auction site at a great price.

Last edited:

cucvrus

You are NOT out of line. Just don't mention the site or the sale number. Keep it a mystery and the other guy can look for it. While I was out traveling during the week I spotted a front end from a mid 90's Chevrolet G 30 HD cutaway van. They were sort of an oddity they had a big fiberglass flip front end and GM only made them a few years. It was along the road and had a nice chrome grille in it. It caught my eye. I thought that would be cool to hang on the front of my barn and wire it up so everything worked. It was For Sale it said $400. I thought NO way. I called and the guy said come make him and offer. I went by yesterday and it was still there. I called and offered him a price I was comfortable with and bought it. I think it is cool and will make a real Americana addition to my barn. i think I will add a chrome K 5 blazer rear bumper and a wood frame to support it.DSCF7266.jpgDSCF7268.jpgDSCF7267.jpgDSCF7269.jpg

reaper556

You are NOT out of line. Just don't mention the site or the sale number. Keep it a mystery and the other guy can look for it. While I was out traveling during the week I spotted a front end from a mid 90's Chevrolet G 30 HD cutaway van. They were sort of an oddity they had a big fiberglass flip front end and GM only made them a few years. It was along the road and had a nice chrome grille in it. It caught my eye. I thought that would be cool to hang on the front of my barn and wire it up so everything worked. It was For Sale it said $400. I thought NO way. I called and the guy said come make him and offer. I went by yesterday and it was still there. I called and offered him a price I was comfortable with and bought it. I think it is cool and will make a real Americana addition to my barn. i think I will add a chrome K 5 blazer rear bumper and a wood frame to support it.View attachment 632391View attachment 632393View attachment 632392View attachment 632390
That sounds like a pretty cool project for sure.

cucvrus

DSCF7170.jpgDSCF7269.jpgImagine cutting that fiberglass Chevy front end down and putting it on the HMMWV. That would be different for sure. Unique in it's own way. Why not. We are talking building clones. Why not a freak? It may be pretty cool if done correctly. I am off to work before I get out of hand. Have a great day. Digger9 bring the HMMWV up to PA and leave with a Chevrolet Humvee. Street legal and ready for the road.

cucvrus

DSCF7271.jpgDSCF7272.jpgMy Sons are some real funny guys. I told them to unload the truck and put the hood up on something. I guess they listened to me. The Mask M1009. The darn thing fits. It not for the upper brush guard bracket it would go back where it is supposed to be. This is for amusement only. But attached with the hood hold downs and a few bolts a 7 prong trailer plug and the lights would all work and it would be legal. DSCF6711 (1).jpgDSCF7271.jpgDSCF7272.jpgDSCF6711 (1).jpg