• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PT Pump (NHC250) issues/clarification on disassembly

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, I grabbed the TM for the pump, but the pictures are mostly all black and not viewable.. so...

Notice leaking from around the throttle shaft area, pulled pump, realized the ether pressure switch attached to the pump is definitely toast, and is definitely leaking, BUT, I have it off so I'd rather replace seals while I have it off...

Now, the difficult part...

I'm looking at the TM, and other sources, and it says the front cover should come off fairly easy...to access the throttle shaft.. But, it seems like mine won't budge...

The front cover is held on by 6 screws, and retains the governor spring, and the entire housing with the gear and crap should come out, but it's not....

It got to the point where I can put a small flathead screwdriver in there and pry it apart, ever so slightly, but it feels like it's bound somehow, and I'm tearing up the gaskets which I had hoped to reuse... Barring that, and I just need to be more forceful, which RTV does one suggest to use as a seal or DIY gasket?

Thanks!

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The PT pump took some force to take apart...

Good news is, the inside is pretty clean, no rust or anything...

The O-ring, which is supposed to be round rubber, was a flat piece of plastic, due to age/use.... so replacing it was a good thing...

The gasket was also hosed, while it was holding quite well, it had welded itself to both sides of the pump assembly, and required a razor to remove it...

The Gasket Part # WAS 100764 but has been superseded by #2885050, which is less than $4 at Cummins NW....

Thanks to Wes (Simp) for a couple pointers, made things a lot easier...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks