• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PTO and Transmission grind with clutch in

Kalashnikov

Ok, So I've been having an issue for a while where the transmission and PTO will grind with the clutch in and trying to shift. It seems to happen a lot if I throw it in neutral and cost and then try to get back into gear. I usually have to stop to get it in gear. If I'm stopped or using the PTO, sometimes I can ease it into gear or I try to, back off, then it will go in without an issue. Sometimes it sounds like the clutch isn't even in. This only happens every little bit and usually, if ever, not while driving (except after neutral). My clutch is adjusted with 1.5" before engaging. Does this sound like a fork issue? Throw out bearing?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
if in netual and coasting, the trans out put is still turning at the coast speed, in order to shift, DOUBLE CLUTCH, this will bring the input speed up to the out put speed

Check to make sure your clutch is disengageing all the way.
Remove the floor plates above the trans.
Put your transfer case and trans in neutral and set your handbrake.
Press in the clutch and start your truck.
Let out your clutch, the main shaft behind the trans will spin slightly.
Take a crowbar or a hammer and see if you can stop it (if it is spinning fast do not attempt)
Usually I can stop mine by hand, if you can too. then your clutch is disengaging completely.

mudguppy

Check to make sure your clutch is disengageing all the way.
Remove the floor plates above the trans.
Put your transfer case and trans in neutral and set your handbrake.
Press in the clutch and start your truck.
Let out your clutch, the main shaft behind the trans will spin slightly.
Take a crowbar or a hammer and see if you can stop it (if it is spinning fast do not attempt)
Usually I can stop mine by hand, if you can too. then your clutch is disengaging completely.
i'd just like to point out that the above procedure is dangerous as crap.

alternative:

with the transfer and transmission in neutral and with the engine off, have someone push the clutch in and then you can see if you can turn the shaft by hand.

i'd just like to point out that the above procedure is dangerous as crap.

alternative:

with the transfer and transmission in neutral and with the engine off, have someone push the clutch in and then you can see if you can turn the shaft by hand.
Good Alternative! :beer: Didn't think to spin the trans by hand. Im thinking back to my 'junk trans testing days' thank you for pointing that out mudguppy. I certainly dont want anyone to lose a finger, or hand :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks