• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PTO Identification please

aboonski

I have been storing an old PTO for years and would like to know that it fits. If anyone recognizes it please enlighten me as to what this will work on. It is missing the gear and shaft that connects with the transmission or transfer case gear.

Attachments

aboonski

Thanks Jay! I appreciate the reply. With the exception of the missing gear and the shaft that it rides on this thing seems to be in perfect mechanical shape. It might just fit a 205 transfer case so I am checking that possibility. It came from Patrick Air Force Base Florida way back in the 1970's.

Hello,

Spent some time researching this and I did not come up with much.

Here is what I got:

NSN: 2520-00-481-2531
Transmission PTO
Drive Gear Type: Helical
Forward Speeds: 2
Reverse Speeds: 1
Part #: XNK7-3024
is the same as
Part #: C47541
Part #: 32ARB1-G
Part #: 35851
Part #: 47541

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a winch PTO with the two foward speeds and one reverse. Maybe M37 or M715?

found this:
NSN: 2520-00-481-2531

POWER TAKE-OFF ASSEMBLY...USED ON ROTARY SWEEPER WAYNE MFG CO,MODEL 2.973,FSN 3825-222-5062,WAYNE PARTS PRICE LIST,1 MAY 1970,AND GSA CONTRACT, GS-00S-38216.

aboonski

Thanks to all who responded to this thread. I guess what I have is something specifically designed for a special purpose. I was kind of hoping it would be one that would fit an M37. Back when I acquired this a few M37s were still in use at Patrick AFB. Can you imagine trying to find the missing gear for this unit?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks