• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PTO lever

Rhodesia

Does anyone know where the PTO lever attaches too? or does anyone have a picture of their under carriage that I can use as a reference? I have a M37 that has a LU4 winch I have the PTO lever now so I'm trying to see where the bottom of the lever attaches to, as of right now I can not see anything in that area below the floor board except the hole where you insert the PTO lever through. I could not find this in the manual either, Thanks
:tigger:

Roller

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crawl under the truck, the lever attaches to shift rail on the pto and pivots on a bracket on the rear of the pto.

Frank

Rhodesia

Here is what I have under the Carriage I found it thank you for the photo's but I think I'm missing that upper piece and maybe that's why they welded the plate inside the cab to make up for that one arm on the PTO. This is a Marine Corps Truck so no telling what the Marines modified back in the 1950's or 1960's Thank you
PTO slot.JPGPTO1.JPGPTO2.JPGPTO3.JPGPTO4.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

msw0932

Rhodesia,

I can't tell from your photos, but maybe your PTO is upside down.

I can't see your full PTO unit from your pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roller

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It appears to me that the pivot bracket is missing or broken off. The welded bracket on your floor pan tunnel was made to replace the missing pivot.

Frank

Rhodesia

That's what I'm thinking, are there parts to replace it? but that means I have to try to bust the weld on the plate they welded in the floor board the PTO lever lines up with that welded plate. so where can I get the pin that goes in the lower PTO bar that hooks into the pivot bar? p
It appears to me that the pivot bracket is missing or broken off. The welded bracket on your floor pan tunnel was made to replace the missing pivot.

Frank

Rhodesia

After further inspection of the under carriage it appears that their was never a pivot bracket to begin with, meaning no signs of screw holes for a bracket on the back to be mounted.

Frank

just me

He is missing the bracket for the lower lever. So he needs that casting. Also, the pictures of the truck with the lever, your rubber is installed upside down and will trap water.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks