• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PTO question

TRE

Hi all, Newbie to Steel Soldiers and a M932A1. I have read the manual and I may have missed something. I cannot get the PTO to engage with the engine running...Does engage and work if I shut down the engine and restart and seems to disengage just fine.
Tranny was in neutral and transfer case lever in high? So what am I missing or is there a repair job in my future.
Thanks in advance. Tom

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you read it and you may have missed something.

You did not say if you found and read and followed the procedure listed in the -10TM to engage the PTO. (Chapter2, Operating instructions)

We need to know this.

Here is just a blurb from the TM, TM 9-2320-272-10

2-120 Change 2

Ensure each layer of cable winds evenly, if not equipped with

level wind.

(5)
With parking brake applied, place transmission selector lever (2) in 1-5

(drive) and pull transmission power takeoff control lever (3) back to ENGAGE. Return

transmission selector lever (2) to N (neutral).

(6)
Pull front winch control lever (4) back to WIND and hold.

Last edited:

TRE

Doghead, THANKS! I went back to the manual and I honestly don't know how I missed it (so maybe I retired just in time) I would swear I read every scrap on the winch system...again, thank you.
Tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks