• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PTO Shifter handle

whall4

I have just recently added a pto to my duece and now I need a shifter and linkage. I have been looking online trying to find one to buy but haven't had any luck yet. I have been thinking about just making one. I could use a push/pull cable shifter, i guess, but would rather have the "regular" shifter handle

I was wondering if anyone has made a shiter handle from scratch, or maybe has the dimensions for one? A couple of pics from different angles of one already installed would even help. It's a tight area so a straight handle wouldn't work, or I don't think it will.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
......... but would rather have the "regular" shifter handle
TNJMURRAY has it listed here, NOS with the correct NSN, but the image shows a TC lever...
I would check with them, just in case.

Of course that handle can be reproduced exactly, but for that you should have one complete assembly to copy from, rather than go from drawings/pics.
Besides the short rod (NSN 2520-00-706-1230) you may also need the corresponding bracket (NSN 2520-00-622-3927), which mounts to the master cylinder.

1645975374187.png

whall4

Thanks topo for the reply and pics. An air shift setup would be nice but I like the simplicity of just having a manual shift lever. There isn't much that can go wrong with it.

Thanks for steering me in the right direction, gringeltaube. I will contact them to make sure it is the pto shifter before I order it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks