• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PU-239E/G need help finding TMs, more information

JP871Racing

I have recently acquired (2) of these generators. They are powered by Detroit 2-71 engines with a 20kw KATO power unit behind them. I'm having a hard time finding any information on them as far as general service information, wiring diagrams, and any TMs. Any help pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
I just looked at the Power Generation CD. No PU-239. Its been long deleted. Normally, the TM's for the PU, consist of nothing more then what ever is needed to modify a normal trailer, to carry a gen set, and assorted "things" needed to power other equipment. So what you really need is the TM's for the gen set. Are these sets mounted on a trailer?

I will ask someone, (if he is still alive and working there) I know in Tooele Army Depot, to look in the TM library. But don't hold out a lot of hope. I worked a long time on army equipment, and have never seen this beast. Its from the marine corps, but still, its bought and payed for by the government. If someone had a REAL OLD copy of TM 5-6115-365-15, dated 1966, without all the changes, it might be listed there. Over the last 40-50 years, lots of sets have been dropped out of the TM 365-15.

JP871Racing

Yes they are mounted on XM-105-E3 trailers. I actually am glad I bought them. They both run very smooth and produce plenty of power. I appreciate the info. It's a start.

Attachments