• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pu-751/m (nsn 6115-00-033-1373)

glassk

POWER UNIT
PU-751/M (NSN 6115-00-033-1373)
MEP-002A 5 KW 60 HZ GENERATOR SET
M116A1 2-WHEEL, 2-TIRE,
MODIFIED TRAILER

There are many like it, Butt this one is mine. The steps I took buying from GL may or may not work for you. I have invoices from 2004 and Sealed bids won for $36.01 , No bargains any more , this unit was around $1000. I did buy it from not bidding on plenty of units seen online to buying this one from the pictures posted by GL.
[SIZE=-1]465-1044.jpgmep002.jpgmep002a.jpg[/SIZE]
Ran the unit today from aux input, had 120volt out to small load , less than two minutes with load A/C breaker on. Towed the trailer at Highway speeds 250 miles, one hub where warm ( maybe brakeshoe) , removed the Mep002 from trailer and brought home, oil was still in it, fuel tank needs to be pulled and cleaned, charged batteries over night. cranked in start position, several short times and when she started knocking, oil pressure was around 20psi. at about 60 psi would stay running . next step is to work out a load, have some 1000 watt stage lights and think heat strips with fans like the load bank kits for larger units may be best. Many ways to skin a cat, this is how it has turned out so far,...

scissor.jpg BTW bought two of these lifts for $600, back in 2005. one is a parts unit other one has 42 ft working hieght. Saw my check has cleared so I have some parts to list if I get some time,...

glassk

m1166.jpgm1164a.JPGm1161 gl picture.jpgm1162.jpg

Some of the GL pictures,

20130611_092151.jpg
Removed cover and had magnetic lights , backup plan was rent a car trailer one way back , $116.00 .

glassk

M60 dist..jpgheaters.jpgshutters.jpg

Added a ground from fram to pigtail on my Dist box, used some heaters and fan for a load, had about 45% load, ran for a about ten mins, shutters opened and still a little shake in the unit. volts , Hz's adjusted and think I'll need a better load bank set up to run more. Pretty boring few steps next,

glassk

good tread bad GL forklift.jpggood tread bent bracket.jpgjerry cans not.jpgrt side tire.jpglunete chain.jpg

Looks like these parts will be coming off , glad GL just bent the brackets and didn't hit anything while bring mine out,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks