• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Puking power steering pump?

Barrman

Good.

Accessories turned by the grooves in the serpentine belt with grooved pulleys turn crank shaft direction. Those turned by the smooth side of the belt with smooth pulleys are counter rotating.

rustystud

A kink in you lines could cause a lot of problems, including heat build-up. There should be two steel lines from your brake booster about 12" long each. One is the pressure side and the other is the return side.

Hydro boost issue

Driving back to MY from Tennessee my brake pedal decided to start sinking toward the floor. It pumps up quick and is fine for a bit. This is a supposed reman unit from Napa. Any chance this is a readily fixable issue? I doubt it's air in the lines, as fluid is still full. The pump has been overflowing and I find it low quite often.

Bighorn

Picture of pump
Looking at the picture of your power steering pump in post #10.
The hose clamp on the return line is the wrong size for the hose.
Could it be pinching and gathering the hose enough to allow air to be sucked into the system?
Also, what are the other two hose claps visible in the bottom of the picture.
They also appear to be the wrong size.
But what are those clamping? Can't see from the photo.

rustystud

Driving back to MY from Tennessee my brake pedal decided to start sinking toward the floor. It pumps up quick and is fine for a bit. This is a supposed reman unit from Napa. Any chance this is a readily fixable issue? I doubt it's air in the lines, as fluid is still full. The pump has been overflowing and I find it low quite often.
You probably still have air in the system. It is "burping" out the air causing the fluid to come out. Then when you go to check it, it still shows low fluid levels. My truck took two weeks to get all the air out of the system the last time I had to play with the steering pump. At the time I bleed it for 4 hours trying to get all the air out. Then just decided to start driving it. This is a very common problem with this model of truck from GM due to the "hydro-boost brake" system.

rustybuttrusty

Although I'm not sure how the lists how to do the bleeding procedure because I never have needed to look, but when I did my booster I just followed the directions for bleeding that came with it and have had no problems and all that had me do is hold the wheels at lock for like 20 seconds and give some blips to the throttle and cycle the break pedal a bunch of times going to different positions not just all the way down. I don't know if this helps but thats what I did and it worked great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks