• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pull deuce oil pan?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need to replace the oil pan on a truck, it's all smashed from a forklift. I have pulled the oil pan on my other truck, but was unable to completey remove it from the truck.

If I raise the front of the truck so the axle hangs down more, is there enough room to remove the oil pan?

Thanks,
Dennis

red devils dude

MUDLORD
I got the oil pan off my truck with everything in place truck just setting on the ground it takes a lot of wiggling and just the right angles but it does work.

derby

I did the twist and wiggle when I pulled my pan.Then I happend accross a thread by recovery4x4, basicly it said to jack up the front frame rails.I did it, slipped right on.the problem with wiggling it back on is keeping the gasket from getting damaged.

FreightTrain

Banned
Oh there is PLENTY of droop in the springs.Gotta think,that is several thousand pounds on the springs up front.When I dropped my deuce off the jack with the knuckle removed,I hd to jack the frame up.Good 6-8 inches of droop.

I pulled my pan recently to do crank and connecting rod bearings.
Was simply a matter of putting a 20 ton bottle jack in the center of the bumper
and raising the frame 3". Pan slides right out. Wish the rest of the job was that easy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks