• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pulled the valve cover...

scjarena

I pulled the valve cover and discovered a loose pushrod. I'm surprised to find it wasn't bent. I put it back in and turned the engine by "hand" No stuck valves, everything looked clean. There might be some hope on getting this thing running.

In the picture, you can see loose push rod, third one up from the radiator. Think the valve stuck at one time and caused this?

Last edited:

YkDave

its definitely a possibility, and not uncommon for an engine that has sat for most of its life.

Mine popped a pushrod out shortly after i got the truck, the govenor wasnt working and the trans didnt like to shift until the engine was ready to explode. could have been a sticking valve or valve float, regardless, just drove it home and popped it back in and was good to go LOL

also, if they are lashed pretty loose, its not impossible to knock one out during normal operation too

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks