• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pulling an m270a1 trailer Ft. Bragg to Central KY

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't believe you'll find a commercial trucker who is willing to pull/tow the trailer home for insurance reasons. I have asked and been told just this. You will probably have to get it loaded onto a trailer to get it home. Now, if you can find a guy with an M818 or M52, they might be willing to retrieve it for you...but, with fuel prices what they are, you are gonna pay one way or the other. You will probably have to pay for a wrecker to lift the M270A1 onto the bed on the trailer that comes to pick it up. Hiring a wrecker for such a task is not cheap either. I hope you got the trailer cheaply.

jwaller

so your the guy that bought that trailer. I was watching that thing and considered buying it but I've already got one and it was missing the landing gear if I remember right.

I could do it for you but your looking at about 1500 for mileage + 1200 for fuel.

M1075

Last year, one fellow member here offered to pick up my M270A1 trailer from GL for me. It did not go well. DOT pulled him over and gave him a long list of citations and then put the rig out of service on the side of the road. Your best bet is to load it on a commercial trailer like Bruce suggests.

jwaller

RE: Re: RE: Pulling an m270a1 trailer Ft. Bragg to Central K

in this case I have a legal 270A1 and I can use the tag and insurance on the tractor covers anything I pull.

heck if it bothers you that much I'll just stack the 270 on my 270 and be done with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks