• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pulling deuce?

HASSON1911

This coming wed. I will be going home to pick up 2 more m35a2's. the only problem is with one there is no cab or anything to sit on. So I was wondering if there is a safe way to pull it about 15 miles with my working M35A2 (Isabell?)

eagle4g63

Anything is possible, EASY............depends on your skills and equipment and access to product.

The thing has to be able to withstand the force of a 15,000 pound truck jerking it around, others wise easy as pie............they were fabricated to begin with................but at what cost!!!

Attachments

HASSON1911

Okay thanks guys, I do think jdknech wins, ill call around to some of the farmers nearby with lowboys for combines, wouldn't even have to be for the day just 2 hours. But that tow bar will definitly be looked into for future recoveries.

Major Sam

just be sure your transfer case is in neutral, save your gears! Better yet, disconnect the rear drive line and tie it up. Had a friend tow his duece and hi t a bump at some time and it jumped into gear somehow. Major damage to engine (over revved at 55 mph) and trans. Good luck

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HI yes have it towed, on a flatbed too,to flat tow 1 with a tow bar,you need to tie the wheels straight or when you turn they will go the other way,make you jack knife when you stop too. I used to tow them full time in cal guard FMS .

HASSON1911

Well, all the steering components are there but there is literally nothing to sit on, this is why I think it would be safer and easier to just put it on a flat bed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks